1. Count the baby's movements EVERY NIGHT.
2. A movement may be a kick, swish or roll. Do not count hiccups or small flutters.
3. You can start counting any time in the evening when the baby is active.
BUT: COUNT EVERY NIGHT.
4. Count baby's movements while lying down, preferably on your left side.
5. Mark the time you feel the baby move for the first time.
6. Mark the time you feel the 10th fetal movement.
7. You should feel at least 10 fetal movements within one hour.
Call your doctor immediately if
b) It takes longer and longer for your baby to move 10 times.
c) You have not felt the baby move all day.
DO NOT WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW